Scott's Antique Market

Ever since we moved to Atlanta three years ago I have wanted to go to Scott's Antique Market. It is only open once a month, and we seem to be out of town or busy the weekends that it has been open . This weekend, we had no plans, so my friend Kristin and I ventured down 285 to see what it was all about. I was SO excited about going that I dreamed about it the night before. I was searching for a coffee table and possibly an end table... After seeing the treasures in this first booth, I knew I had come to the right place. 
The only problem was the prices... Everything was so expensive. The white chair in the right corner of the picture was $1200. We ventured inside to the rest of the 3300 booths hoping to find a bargain.

I am slightly obsessed with the coffee table in this picture. I really love metal and wood together, and even though this one doesn't have wood, I love it. I like the bottom shelf and the crossed metal beams. I also think a glass coffee table can open up a room and make a space feel larger. This table is from Croft House and is $695.. too expensive.  I was hoping to find something similar in my price range at Scott's...
I like this one a lot. It was different than my dream table, but had similar lines and the wood and metal combination. No bottom shelf, and I wasn't so sure about the wheels, but I really liked it. The seller said "I can give it to you for $425." Still, too expensive!
We kept walking and saw a trend.. Beautiful furniture with large price tags. I liked this little end table, but not enough to buy it.. 
I liked this one too, and it was only $75, but I don't want another painted piece of furniture in our living room until we get a new coffee table. 
Even though I was unsuccessful finding what I was looking for, I'm glad we went! Maybe my expectations were a little too high... But now I know what Scott's Antique Market is all about! I did buy two sea fans for $8. Toby thought they were toys and kept barking at them.
Fall is finally in the air! We woke up this morning to temps in the high 50's.. Perfect running weather!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment