Owen's Nursery

I wanted to share Owen's nursery. My favorite room I've ever decorated. It reminds me of him, and I still feel close to him in it.

I wanted subtle, neutral colors with a woodland theme. I love the way it turned out. 

I ordered fabric from fabric.com to make all of the bedding. That crib bumper almost was the death of me. I followed this tutorial to paint cardboard letters to look like metal. The whole project cost me $10.  
I love all the little woodland animal friends! My friend Julie made the fox pillow in the middle of the crib, and friends and family gave us the rest of the stuffed animals. Mr. Frog was with Owen at the hospital and was his favorite friend. 

This glider was my splurge. It is the most comfortable chair ever, and I love the gray linen fabric. Owen and I spent lots of hours together in this chair while I was pregnant. The map on the wall is my favorite. It's by the same artist that illustrated "Almost An Animal Alphabet." 
I bought this tree stump at Hobby Lobby and stamped the words on myself. These shelves are perfect for displaying some of our favorite books. The first book I read Owen was "I Want My Hat Back". While I was reading it to him, I realized that it was very appropriate for him because his hat from when he was born was lost in the transport from Northside to Egleston. After I read it to him for the first time, I thought to myself, "We really do want your hat back!" The last book I read him was "The Little Engine That Could." I read it to him multiple times a day during the last days of his life. He really gave it all he could to keep on going...
I got this dresser at an antique store and painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. The changing pad and cover are from The Lang of Nod.
I made these felted animals for the mobile, and then hung them on sticks from the craft store. I already had all the supplies, so it cost me nothing!
The raccoon reminds me of Owen. His big eyes....
I ordered these prints from etsy. 

And this one is a greeting card.
I love these little wooden animals my sister-in-law Shelby gave us.
 My sister-in-law crotched the stuffed fox, and I made the burp cloths.
I haven't been able to take down the nursery, and I think that's okay. Sometimes I go in it and it makes me happy, while other times it makes me sad. Every little detail was chosen for Owen, and it reminds me of him. I'm not ready for those memories to go away. I'm love this room so much, and I just had to share it! :)

3 comments:

  1. You put so much love into every inch of that room! I love every single detail and wish he could have seen it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweetest little nursery there ever was <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my favorite room in your home- peaceful, so full of love, and beautiful. It reflects your mother's heart for Owen and always will.

    ReplyDelete