holiday funk

I have been in a holiday funk the past few days at work. After having 2 weeks off, it's so hard to get back into the normal routine! Over break I was staying up until after midnight and sleeping until 9 or 10am. I even threw in an afternoon nap when I could. It was lovely. Today I came straight home after work.. I didn't have kids at the private practice, so it was nice to come home at 4:30 instead of 6:45... I had every intention of taking Toby for a run, but it was rainy and my body felt completely drained. I wanted to do something fun, so I decided to make white chocolate chip cranberry oatmeal cookies using my new Kitchen Aid mixer! I love it. The pistachio green makes me happy.


I have been wanting this cute candy stand ever since I saw it in Carrie's kitchen a year ago! It was on clearance at Williams Sonoma, and I got it! It's the perfect size.

He was my baking buddy tonight while Brian was out. Sweet little Toby, looking so handsome, waiting for me to throw his new squeaky ball which I immediately regretted giving him. When Carrie called, I had to lock myself in the bathroom so I could hear her! The squeaking is so loud! But since he didn't get a walk, I figured he needed something fun to play with. :)


The cookies were quite tasty! I highly recommend this recipe taken from food.com. The only thing I did differently was I used white whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose. I froze half the dough to make another day. YUM!

It's 9:00 and I am going to BED. Must get out of the holiday funk!!! Tomorrow is a new day. I have high hopes that it will be better!

White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups oats
3/4 cup dried cranberries
6 ounces white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375°. In large bowl using an electric mixer combine the sugar, brown sugar and butter; mix well to cream together. Add in egg and vanilla until combined. Add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt and flour and mix well. Fold in oats, dried cranberries, and white chocolate chips. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the funk. Sounds like you were productive. We will have to have your kitchen aid meet mine! Blessings for a good Thursday. The week is almost over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I wish you had posted a picture of the toy. That was too funny. "I can hardly hear myself think!" Oh, good times. Can't wait to see yall soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I registered for that precious little cake stand too after seeing Carrie's! And yes, I'm in a holiday funk too. Good thing we'll see each other in just a WEEK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you out of the funk yet?? I just took down my tree. It was very sad.

    ReplyDelete