i sewed a zipper!

Without a zipper foot. Don't ask me how. What is a foot you might ask? Part of the sewing machine that I am about to learn lots about! Apparently there's a walking foot, a zipper foot.. who knew? I got a new sewing machine from my in-laws for my birthday/Christmas that came with two (much needed) sewing classes! I learned to sew a couple of years ago on Brian's grandmother's old machine, and it has opened up a whole new world of creativity. I pretty much stick to pillow covers, curtains, duvet covers, and banners... Nothing too complicated, but yesterday, I learned to sew a bag!

Julie came over on Sunday afternoon and we learned how to sew this cute little toiletries bag!

We both agreed that we could never have figured it out alone, but together, we were able to do it! We followed this tutorial that Julie found. We both sewed our first zippers and boxed our first corners. Success. It only took too hours to make one bag.. Maybe the next time it'll go quicker. I used my old sewing machine for this one, but can't wait to learn how to use my new one! 

Julie is pregnant, by the way, and as adorable as ever! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! Wish I could've taught you, but now you can reteach me! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Allison! I need you to come to Charlotte and help me sew a zipper on a bench cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for clarifying that I'm pregnant... I just look pudgy otherwise. :) My burn is finally going away!! I'm already hunting for our next experimental project... :)

    ReplyDelete