Pregnancy: weeks 13, 14, & 15

So it still doesn't feel real that we'll have an extra person in our family in five months... As my belly continues to grow, it becomes more and more real. I'm actually a little surprised that I've popped out this much so soon! I knew I'd regret it if I didn't document weekly baby bump pictures, so I went ahead and started with week 13.
Week 13 when I could still button my jeans! 
 Week 14
 And week 15! 
I'm still in that awkward stage where you don't really look pregnant... Flowy shirts and the bella band have been fabulous!

Overall, I really can't complain. I'm still really tired, but not as tired as weeks 5-12. I think working 12 hour days twice a week doesn't help with the exhaustion.. On the days that I'm able to come home at 4:45, I literally crash immediately on the couch for at least 30 minutes. Toby has gotten used to this routine. He doesn't even ask to go outside until I wake up. He just lays next to me and waits patiently... It's so nice.

I'm still exercising at least four times a week- I wish I could do more! Last Saturday, it was cooler and I had the best run I've had in a while. I usually run 2-4 miles... I have to walk a few paces here and there because I've been really short of breath! Apparently this is normal. If I don't run, I try to walk at least 3 miles or do yoga.

I've had some interesting cravings... Root beer and french fries have been the biggest so far. This weekend, I really wanted a grilled hot dog, so I bought all natural GF hot dogs and they were fabulous! I really wanted the last one for dinner tonight and almost had a meltdown when I discovered that Brian had eaten it yesterday. I almost cried. Peanut butter is another big one.. Every day in my lunch, I either have apple slices or a banana and peanut butter. Oranges and grapefruit too! And any time I see food on instagram, I pretty much start to crave it. It's bad. I have made it a whole week without ice cream though, so I consider that a success! The only real aversion so far has been brussel sprouts. Every time Brian makes them I want to gag. I normally LOVE them!

I had my 15 week appointment on Tuesday and heard the heartbeat again! It took a little longer to find it this time because the baby was moving around like crazy. At one point, my midwife said, "Did you feel that? It wasn't me, it was the baby!" In three weeks, we'll know if Baby Parker is a boy or a girl! Based on my cravings and the fact that I haven't been sick, I'm thinking it's a boy. It's been really fun to tell my students my news. They are all so excited! I can't wait to start buying clothes. I went into Carter's last week, and could have spent a fortune.

I'm really excited about getting the baby's room together.. That's going to be such a fun part of the process! I started making a granny square blanket for the baby too... It's so fun to make something for MY baby!

4 comments:

  1. You look absolutely radiant! So excited for you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelby! You're so kind :) We're excited too! You and Scott are going to be such a fun aunt and uncle to this little one!

      Delete
  2. I craved grapefruit, corn dogs, hamburger helper, and Dairy Queen strawberry parfaits when I was pregnant with you! And I can't wait to see your baby bump in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw hey mommy you dirty cumslut! probably did some nasty thresome while the husband was out of town and they all took a turn creaming your pussy!

    ReplyDelete