visit to TN

At the end of September, Brian and I drove up to Troy, TN for my cousin's wedding. My grandfather was going to be there, and I hadn't seen him in over three years. A lot of my cousins came also- I wish I had taken more pictures!! 

My dad brought lemon macarons from Lemonade in LA. These alone made the 7 hour drive worth it! :)
This was my parents first time seeing us since we found out I was pregnant. I had seen my mom for a few hours back when I was 10 weeks pregnant, but I wasn't showing yet. They were so excited and welcomed us with baby gifts!
The next morning, we ate breakfast at Charlie T's with the rest of the town of Troy. The population of the Troy is 1,349. The student population at my middle school is 2,300. :) There are signs around the town that say: "Troy. Nice people live here." Gotta love small towns!
After breakfast, we drove a few miles to Martin, where my mom grew up. We wanted to look through my grandfather's house since it had been so long since I'd been there. He is no longer living there, so it's quite different, but it brought back so many childhood memories. 

On our way, we passed my cousin Brian on a billboard. 
Magu (my grandmother who passed away several years ago) was 4'11". When she designed this house, she had the counter tops at a lower height for her small frame.
My mom found her mess kit from girl scouts in a pile of memorabilia.
And my grandfather's flight jacket and helmet from World War II...
I don't know if these pants were my mom's or her sister's, but they both wore them in high school. And the waist is ridiculously tiny. Brian didn't believe an actual person fit in them. 
 Here we are at my aunt's house before the wedding. I hate that we didn't get better pictures...
And this is the only picture I had of my grandfather. He will be celebrating his 90th birthday next month! I'm so happy I got to see him again.
After the wedding, all the aunts, uncles, and cousins went back to my aunt Norma's house, and they threw Brian and I a surprise baby shower! It was the sweetest thing ever! Seeing all of these cute little boy outfits made me so excited about having a baby boy. We can't wait! 

1 comment:

  1. It was such a great weekend! Thanks for making the LONG trip!

    ReplyDelete