a weekend in the mountains

This past weekend Brian and I headed up to Mars Hill to spend a few days with his parents at their cabin! It was the perfect way to spend our 3-day weekend. Their little cabin in the woods is one of the most relaxing places. It's close enough to Asheville that we can take day trips, but far enough away from everything that you feel completely excluded from the world.

Toby got to come too! He looks so huge to me in this picture. I think he is taller than me when sitting in the car!

We spent Saturday at the Biltmore.. surprisingly, I had never been before!


Brian and Evan in front of the green house


We ate lunch at a restaurant that used to be the stables at the Biltmore. Here we are sitting in one of the actual stables! I ordered a steak and grilled peach salad that was featured in Southern Living.. yum!



My camera died, so I didn't take pictures from the rest of our trip, but it was great. We shopped in downtown Asheville and ended up in a bookstore/wine bar where we listened to live music, drank wine and munched on cheese and crackers. The next day, Susan and I went to the pool on the very top of the mountain while the boys stayed home and relaxed. We also played a lot of Boggle. :) Thanks Lloyd and Susan for a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so lovely! I've always wanted to visit the Biltmore...I think your pictures have officially inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts and I love TOBY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete