cabin visit

Every summer Brian and I try to make a visit up to his parents' cabin in the NC mountains. We didn't make it up before school started, but we were able to go last weekend. It was a beautiful drive and makes us miss living in Boone! It felt so good to be back in the mountains.
The cabin is currently under renovation. Brian and I couldn't believe how much bigger it is now! We were able to walk through the house and get a feel for what it will be like when it's finished. It's going to be beautiful! We can't wait to visit with our friends who went with us in college when it was just a small little cabin in the woods. :)
 
Lloyd and Susan were so gracious to let us stay at the Buck House Inn, the most charming little B&B. It felt like a vacation!

The weather in the mountains was a little rainy and unseasonably chilly. We spent the day in downtown Asheville antiquing which was so much fun! Evan joined us for the day. 
We ate lunch at Creperie Bouchon in downtown Asheville. I discovered this little cafe when I was here last with Ashley. The crepes are amazing (and all are GF!) And the french fries are to die for. 
After lunch we went to a few more antique stores, ate dinner, and went to see The Way, Way Back (which I highly recommend!) We finished out the night at French Broad Chocolate Lounge. Ashley also introduced this place to me... It might be my favorite spot in Asheville. The line to get inside goes out the door on a Saturday night. People were even waiting in the rain! It's that good. I got a chocolate milkshake, but I tasted the chocolate creme brulee which was absolutely wonderful. I want to try a liquid truffle next time!
The next morning, Susan and Lloyd joined us for breakfast at the Buck House Inn. We then headed over to the cabin to the cabin to play games in the shop. Lloyd fired up the old wood stove since it was so chilly! We sat around drinking chai, listening to the rain, and playing a game. 
We always have such a wonderful time when we come to visit. We can't wait to see the progress on the cabin when we come next! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, that doesn't even look like the same cabin! I can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete