LA: day 1

My parents are currently living in Marina Del Rey, CA for a little over a year for my dad's job. They moved in January, so for Christmas this past year, we all got plane tickets to come and visit! I have this week off for Spring Break, so I jumped at the chance to head to sunny California! I got on the plane after work on Thursday and arrived in LA at 10:30 pm (1:30 am EST) where I was greeted by Mom, Dad and Walter! I am here for the entire week and Brian is meeting me out here on Wednesday! Here is how we spent our first day together. 
We woke up on Friday morning and took Walter for a walk through the Venice Canals. So beautiful!
These cute little quaint homes sell for millions of dollars. This little green one was my favorite!
Walter found a stick on our walk. :)

Then we walked over to Venice Beach. An experience, indeed. 
This dog was sitting in a chair looking out on the strip.  He stood up when I took the picture.
 Look how handsome Walter is! Love this little guy!
 When my dad got home from work we drove to Santa Monica for lunch at Huckleberry. This place was recommended by A Cup of Jo. It's funny- I read her blog every day, and the day I arrived in LA, she posted this post: Los Angeles: Mini Guide. How perfect? 

 The food was incredible! We ate every bite.
 Saving room for dessert!
 Then we walked up and down Montana Ave. for a little shopping. Santa Monica is incredibly dog friendly. They had little water dishes outside the shops- and dogs are welcome in the stores!
 
It was a little hazy, but still beautiful. 


 We walked over to Abbot Kinney for a little more shopping. 
This shop was closed, but look at all of the cake stands! My favorite window display, by far!

1 comment:

  1. I'm dying over the cake stand window display! So happy you are enjoying your time with your parents!! :) Tell them I said hello! (and Walter, too)

    ReplyDelete