LA: day 4

Today was a beach day. Ahh, so relaxing. My parents live two blocks from the beach, so when we woke up and saw the sun shining, we grabbed our beach chairs, coffee, and headed to the ocean.  Look at the view! I love the mountains in the distance.
 Mom thought it was freezing, but I was perfectly content, soaking up the sun!
a

 Then we went back home, got Walter, and walked 2 miles to Whole Foods for "Grilled Cheese Monday." Definitely worth the walk!

We did a little shopping and grabbed stuff for dinner. We tried a new recipe for kale sauteed in almond butter, honey, topped with honey roasted macadamia nuts. YUM!

On our walk back home we walked through Abbot Kinney and went to the shops that were closed when we were there last. So many beautiful things!
 I made it inside the cake stand store. It was incredible. Naturally, I was drawn to this fun sea foam green color. They are made out of milk glass and so expensive! The smallest was $68. Sad. 

We stopped for some sorbet and gelato on the way home. 

And then we headed to pick up our rental car. My parents don't have a personal car here.. My dad shares two rental cars with a few co-workers, but my mom can't drive either of them. So we got our own for the next few days. The guy asked us if a convertible was okay, and we gladly accepted! It's so fun to drive in the city with the top down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment