a difficult week...

I went to an extremely small private Christian school from fifth grade to my senior year in high school. My class was the second graduating class. There were times when I wished I could have gone to a bigger public school, but looking back, I am so thankful I didn't. With only six in our graduating class, we knew each other well.. While there were times that we didn't necessarily get along, we genuinely enjoyed and cared for one another. We joked about which one of us would get married first and who would have kids first.. where we'd all end up in life, and how fun it will be to come back for high school reunions. After high school, we all went our separate ways... We didn't see each other as often, but the friendships were still there.  
Last week, I heard the tragic news that my friend Justin passed away. It was shocking to all of us, and we were left with broken hearts. On Saturday after the funeral, a group of us gathered at his parents house on their front porch.. It felt so good to be surrounded by those who loved Justin, reminiscing about the old days, and laughing together through tears. This tight group of six will never be the same. There will always be a part missing...


This was the last time all six of us were together. It was a happy day, and I am thankful for the memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment