LA: day 2

We woke up on Saturday with the intentions of driving to Runyon Canyon for a hike. This is supposed to be a beautiful drive through downtown LA and through the mountains near the Hollywood sign. When we woke up, it was pretty gloomy in Marina Del Rey. We checked the weather and it was supposed to be partly cloudy in the mountains, so we decided to go ahead and go for a scenic drive through the San Gabriel Mountains. 

Still quite cloudy through downtown LA, but fun to see the city.
We got to the mountains, and the weather was no better. The scenic drive wasn't so scenic... Mom kept explaining what I would be seeing on a pretty day. Lots of mountains and a beautiful view of the city. I tried to use my imagination. 
In fact, it started raining pretty hard on our drive.
So we turned around and tried to find lunch in La Canada... We realized it was already 2pm and Dad wanted to watch the NCAA games that started at 3. So we decided to drive back.. 
And the weather started to clear!
Dad dropped Mom and I off on Main St. in Santa Monica for lunch and more shopping! We ate at M St. Kitchen which I highly recommend. We split the fire roasted vegetable quesadilla and the brussels sprout salad. AMAZING.
Then Dad picked us up we all drove over to 3rd Street Promenade. We stumbled upon Anthropologie which was dog friendly! Look at Walter inside the store!
This part of the city reminded me of NYC. Our visit was cut short because it started raining..
 So Dad picked us up and we headed to Abbot Kinney Pizza Company for it's famous salad pizza. You can hardly see the piece of pizza under all of the salad. It took my dad a while to come around to the idea of eating salad on top of pizza. :) 

The day didn't go as planned, but we made the most of it. I'm loving this trip so far. Santa Monica is my favorite area I've been to. I think I could live there!

1 comment: